Zoo To You & Scenic Safari
The zoo is open for drive-through Scenic Safari tours, beginning May 23, 2020.
You can also find the following online educational offerings:
- daily live keeper talks on Facebook
- all-day livestreams via YouTube
- twice-weekly Zoo School To You virtual learning videos and accompanying resources
- at-home activities, lesson plans, and worksheets
Over 5,000 animals, representing more than 460 species, call the Toronto Zoo home. The animals are divided into seven geographic regions: Africa, the Americas, Australasia – including a Great Barrier Reef exhibit, Canadian Domain, Indo-Malaya, and the Tundra Trek. Some are housed indoors in tropical pavilions, while others reside in outdoor, naturalistic environments.
At 287 hectares (710 acres), with over 10 km (6 miles) of walking trails, the Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the world.
Other activities include:
- Discovery Zone, with a Kids Zoo, Splash Island two-acre water play area, and the Waterside Theatre.
- 7 gifts shops and kiosks
- Rides: Gorilla Climb Ropes Course, Zoomobile, Conservation Carousel, and the Tundra Air ride.
- Daily animal keeper talks and feedings where you can see the animals up close and learn more about them.
Strollers, wagons and lockers are available for rental at the Main Entrance.
Birthday Parties at the Zoo
Host your child’s wild animal-themed birthday party or other events at the Zoo. Parties include discounted admission rates and ride tickets. Explore the zoo, enjoy Meet-the-Keeper Talks and Discovery Zone, and special events. Parties may include rental of the Conservation Clubhouse, restaurant discounts, or a behind-the-scenes tour.
The Zoo offers PA Day camp, weekend programs, summer day camps and overnight camps for kids 2 to teens. Camps include both an educational and entertaining component. Camps include tours of a portion of the zoo, theme-related activities, and learning opportunities about some of the animals.
Serengeti Bush Camp Overnight
Explore the zoo’s African wildlife after dark with an exciting one-night overnight in the African Savanna. Sleep in an authentic African tent under the stars and get behind-the-scenes access to the African Savanna and African Rainforest Pavilion. This one-night overnight for families and youth groups includes dinner and breakfast, campfire tales, and interactive walking tours. For ages 6 and up, with some specialty nights for families with younger children (2 and up).