This event finished on 18 February 2019
- Venue: Scenic Caves Nordic Centre
- Categories: Sports & Outdoor
Family Day Weekend Activities
- Cross-country skiing – Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced classic/ skate skier, there are 27 km. of trails to explore.
- Snowshoeing – If you can walk, you can snowshoe, making it a fun family activity for all ages. There are 10 km. of dedicated paths to explore.
- Southern Ontario’s longest Suspension Bridge – snowshoe over it, or if you are skiing, take your skis off at the top of the hill and walk down to the breathtaking views.
- Guided Night Snowshoe Hikes – Explore a night-time winter wonderland on Sat. Feb 16/19 and Sun. Feb 17/19. Recommended for ages 10 and older. Equipment is provided and reservations are required.
- Scavenger Hunt – Pick up a map and hunt for clues at key locations
- Children’s Adventure Play Park
- Roast spider dogs and s’mores over an outdoor fire pit
- Warm-up Café (Lookout Point) – Open 11am – 4pm; hot/cold drinks and treats (cash + debit only)
- Cross-country ski lessons – please reserve in advance
- Equipment rentals for both x-skiing and snowshoeing
- Main Cabin: Wax Hut, Snack Bar, Gift Shop, Free Parking