This event finished on 29 May 2020
- Venue: Windermere United Church, 356 Windermere Ave
- Categories: Arts & Crafts, Music & Theatre, Online Classes & Virtual Events, Registered Classes
- Times vary; check event website for details.
- Listing: Sparx Studio
Sparx Studio has modified its usual educational acting program to fit the online world! Children learn valuable social-emotional skills playing fun acting games that involve communication, creativity, critical thinking, and improv skills.
Updated material has been added to address the current COVID-19 situation in a sensitive and helpful manner. This is a great opportunity for children to interact socially while maintaining social distancing.
Concepts children will learn:
- how to make isolation easier for everyone at home (for you and others)
- courage tips to help ease anxiety
- bullying vs teasing (and what to do in both situations)
- stranger danger scenarios
- emotional intelligence activities
Two grade groups:
- Little Sparkies: JK–Grade 2*
- Big Sparx: Grade 3–Grade 5
*Grade 2 students can choose either group.
Schedule & Cost
May 11–15 (5-day session)
Little Sparkies @ 10:30–11:10 am
Big Sparx @ 11:20 am–noon
May 25–29 (5-day session)
Big Sparx 2.0 @ 10:30 am–11:10 am – for Big Sparx who have completed the course already and want to expand upon the concepts learned
Little Sparkies @ 3–3:40 pm
Big Sparx @ 3:50–4:30 pm
$75/child per week
Maximum 7 students per class. Classes held via Zoom. Children need a working computer, microphone, webcam and a reliable internet connection.