Rooks to Cooks is a culinary school for children that offers innovative, high-quality cooking education programs to students ages 6 and up. At Rooks to Cooks, children will learn cooking skills, but they will also learn about teamwork, responsibility, independence, nutrition, problem-solving, and how to apply math and science in the real world.
Cooking classes are taught by experienced chef instructors and always emphasize themes of healthy eating and teach students to live a fulfilling, healthy life.
With 12 summer camp locations in the Greater Toronto Area and 9 sessions to choose from during summer, Rooks to Cooks cooking programs are ideal for all aspiring chefs. Classes are hands-on, educational, team-based, and fun. Campers will learn various cooking skills and recipes, and how to safely navigate a kitchen. It will be a memorable camp experience for your young one!
- 12 locations in the GTA: The Beach, East York, Etobicoke, High Park, Markham, North York, Thornhill, Mississauga, Scarborough, Midtown Toronto, Downtown Toronto
- Sessions run Monday to Friday, from July 2 to August 30, 2019
- 20 students per week
- 1:5 staff-to-camper ratio
- Learn from experienced chefs
- Chef uniform, non-cut glove, and lunches included with registration fee
- Cost is $420–$525 per week
Book an extra-special kids’ cooking party with two professional chefs, at your home or venue. Learn to make pie, doughnuts, butter tarts, pizza, lollipops, or sushi. All ingredients, set-up, and clean-up included. Ideal for ages 5 and up.
Programs for Schools
Rooks to Cooks can bring the kitchen to the classroom with cooking and baking after-school (and after 4pm) programs as well as full-day workshops. Each program is run by professional chefs. Available for JK through high school students.