- Date: –
- Venue: See Detail
- Categories: Fairs & Festivals
- Cost: Free
This 2015 Family Day weekend, enjoy two days of fun-filled activities including on-ice performances, multi-media activities, family skating, creative crafts and more.
Some of the events:
* The ToyBox – Whether you’re in grade five or 50-years-old, you’ll find fun new ways to engage with art at The ToyBox. The ToyBox uses high-tech and low-tech methods to explore creative mediums.
* Play Zone is an imagination playground that encourages learning, social development, movement and fun.
* Skate with Natrel Rink host Kristian Reimer.
* The north lobe of the Natrel Rink will be set aside for new and learning skaters to take part in the HarbourKIDS Skating Festival activities!
* Snow Fort: Let’s build a snow fort together! Harbourfront invited professional set designers and visual artists to come and play in the snow with you all-day Sunday and Monday.
* LEGO: Take a break from skating and warm up indoors at the LEGO room! This space is designed for free play for kids of all ages!
* Let’s Talk Science: Get your hands dirty and explore the world around you with Let’s Talk Science, a national, community-based program that connects educators and youth with volunteers to talk about science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) activities.
* Operation Sock Monkey: Create a polar bear pal from… a sock! Kids over 10 are invited to come and make a polar bear sock monkey which will then be donated to a charitable organization through Operation Sock Monkey in co-ordinance with the organization worldwide. Pre-registration required.
AND SO MUCH MORE!
11 am — 5 pm on both days for most events but check the events online to be sure!