These brownies are unbelievable! They have no refined sugar, they are gluten-free, and they actually taste like brownies!
Recipe: Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies
1 sweet potato, baked and mashed
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup of cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons coconut milk
3 tablespoons honey
- Mix icing ingredients together and let sit for 30 minutes. Icing will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 365°F.
- Mix sweet potato, vanilla, eggs, coconut oil, and honey together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut flour.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Once cooled, add icing and top with cacao nibs.
photo: Nikki Goldman-Stroh
Read more Activities for Little Hands by Nikki Goldman-Stroh.
This recipe originally appeared on the Family Seasons Centre Blog.